Valerie Concepcion apologized to netizens after her tweets stating that PNoy was partying with the PSG resulted to many negative reactions.
In one of her tweets, she said, “It was nice to see Pres. P-Noy laughing at my jokes & enjoying my performance.”
The actress was quick to respond upon learning that her tweet had stirred reactions and caused people to be furious on president Noynoy.
Meanwhile, Valerie already deleted the said tweet which she posted, and posted another tweet in response to the negative reactions made by people in her tweet. In her tweet, she said,
“I just want to clarify that I was invited to perform at Malacañang‘s Christmas Party for their employees with their husbands/wives and kids. Yes, the president attended the gathering. I do not see anything wrong with that since it’s his obligation and responsibility being the head of Malacañang to be present and show his support for his hardworking employees and their respective families. But I believe that it doesn’t mean that the president is not thinking of ways to help our kababayan(s) in Mindanao. It doesn’t mean that the president is disregarding the plight of our fellow Filipinos. Let’s not be too quick to judge.
“…But if I, in any way, offended you guys and sounded insensitive, I am very sorry. It wasn’t my intention to do either. I can’t imagine how difficult life is for the people affected in Mindanao and how difficult it is to be the president of the Philippines at this moment. Once again, I am very sorry for all those people I have offended. May God bless us all.”
- “AYOKO KAY PNOY, PANOT SIYA!” – Francine Prieto (aliwanavenue.wordpress.com)
- PNoy to launch water, river program in Bukidnon (bukidnonews.wordpress.com)
- [Statement] The message of the death of Fr. Tentorio is clear, PNoy must declare war against EJK and the culture of impunity NOW! – TFDP (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- Businessmen hail PNoy-Murad meeting (bukidnonews.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] All-out war will exact ‘high price in blood,’ PNoy warns – abs-cbnNEWS.com (hronlineph.wordpress.com)